1.01.2014

goodbye twenty-thirteen

Twenty-thirteen was so good to me. There was so much traveling, exploring, laughter, smiles, and an incredible amount of beach days (which if you don't know me, these are my absolute favorite). From  bouncing between orange county for school to San Diego for the summer, I can say I am truly blessed to be able to hop around two beautiful cities I get to call home. This year was such a learning experience; I think your first year of college always is. I made friends that I know are in my life to stay, and I learned that family is one of the most important things in my life- they stayed with me through my highest of highs and lowest of lows. I learned to value the small things like the ocean, food, the sun, the moon and the stars.
Last Christmas, I made my friends and I a memory jar with post it notes attached to it so we could write all our memories down. I haven't opened and read mine yet because I know I will be a laughing/crying mess when I open it. One of the most important things I learned this year was that our Lord is so incredibly awesome. Through ever situation, He never fails. He brought me joy at all times and taught me to thank Him for my struggles (did you know that was even possible to do?). He has remained my strong and mighty rock whom I put my faith on. The amount of love He pours out day to day is an overwhelming thought to me, I am still learning. From sunny summer days, to winter crocheting + hot chocolate winter snuggles, this year was definitely one for the books.

With all this said, I thought this would be a fun way to document this new year (since my memory jar was over-flowing with post-its!).

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments

Post a Comment

everyday albs. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.